Tuesday, June 23, 2009

good intentions...

Well, you can now see where my good intentions have gotten us as far as more frequent blog posts.

Needless to say, completing our summer weekend in Boise (2 1/2 weeks ago) was a lot of fun. Saturday meant the annual Boise Capitals golf tournament for me, while Leah attended a couple of different parties for friends. That night, we went to the martini mix-off gala and met up with Mom, Bob, and Heather for dinner at Bungalow (in Hyde Park). On sunday, we started our day by walking the dogs (one of our favorite weekend activities), and then spent the afternoon just hanging out with Mom, Bob, and Heather before the the out-of-towners had to leave the next day. It was nice to be able to spend some time with all of them, as it is rare that we have the chance to all be in the same place for more than a few hours at a time.

Since then, we have been pretty busy doing other stuff. Leah spent the following weekend running (literally) between Stanley and Ketchum in the Sawtooth Relay, while I was up in Riggins with Brad catching a few salmon. I will let Leah fill you in on the relay, but the salmon fishing was great. Unlike last year, we were actually able to wear springtime clothing and not have to worry about thawing out every hour or so, which makes the fishing that much more enjoyable. Of course, Brad and his good friend, Bruce were awesome in helping me out and guiding me through the ins and outs of catching salmon. I ended up with two adult fish and three jacks for the weekend, and it is in no small part because of the two of those guys - I really appreciate their help and patience with me. We had a great time on the river, and on top of that, we have fresh salmon to eat for quite some time now.

I am sure we will post some pictures of the fishing trip and Leah's relay as soon as we upload them to the pc, but I am trying to stay on top of things and not let those types of issues get in my way of the posts.

That is all the time I have for now, but look for posts on Leah's half marathon (she is amazing), and iphones coming up soon.

Kris

No comments: