Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ahhhhh Roma!

Buona sera! Well we started our second day in Rome with our first Italian espresso...and it tasted like espresso only better (only becuase we are actually in Rome!). Our first sight of the day was San Pietro in Vincoli (St. Peter in Chains Church)...amazing and wonderful. At the front of the church in a box are the actual chains St. Peter was held prisoner with. We have pictures...and agin will try to post them soon...having a few technical difficulties at the moment. This church is also the home of Michelangelo's Moses (sculpture)...again amazing...which almost everything here is. Although these sculptures are something else...the detials are unbelieveable.

Around the corner is the Colosseum...love it! I spent the entire time in awe over the fact that people that long ago had the inginuity to build something that big and complex. Although I am sad at how much it has decayed (actually this is how I feel about a lot of the sights here).

After the Colosseum was the Roman Forum and Palantine Hill, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain (which I tossed a whole quarter in so I better be coming back to Rome!), Borghese Gallery and finally the Spanish steps. Each of these equally amazing...however I LOVED the Borghese Gallery...I wish so much I could go back to all of these tomorrow!

Anywho...hopefully off to Pompei tomorrow...and hopefully we will post pictures tomorrow as well...Ciao!

1 comment:

JEB said...

Kris, Leah - all these posts about the sights are wonderful, but with the exception of the note on how wonderful the espresso was, I have seen nothing about the FOOD! Seriously! Give me a little somethin' here! :}