Friday, September 21, 2007

A day in Florence...

I love Florence...I love Rome...but I LOVE Florence. So much more laid back. Easy going...and clean!! We are having such a wonderful time. We have seen so much art and history my brain is just absolutly mush. I'm not complaining, it is so wonderful but I'm beginning to understand why people spend years here studying this stuff. It is so much to take in and really digest.

I think Kris already mentioned we visited the Pitti Palace and the Sience Museum yesterday. I would love to come back and spend more time at the Pitti Palace...it consist of 3 museums and a garden tour. We only had time for one! Where we went in the palace you could see the gardens...AMAZING. Mom you would love it! Granted I only saw it for a moment. We ran into a couple that said it took them 4 hours to get through just the gardens! If I had lived back then I sure would want to have lived in a place like the Pitti Palace!!

Today we started off climbing the dome at the Duomo. I'll post pics later...way cool. Huge!! Then we headed to the Bargello, then the Uffizi (holy cow...I can't explain all the amazing art here...google it!!), the Accademia to see David (wow), the Duomo babtistry, and finally the Duomo museum. All incredibly amazing. I have to admit I am looking forward to not visiting a museum over in the next 3 days. We pick up our rental car tomorrow and we will be visiting the small towns of Tuscany....and drinking a lot of wine.

My legs and feet are so tired. My brain especially is swollen!! I love it though. I just don't want to come home. I think I will stay here and send for all of you :) Maria - please buy your place in Luca...I will take care of it for you!!

Love to all...

2 comments:

Lois E. Lane said...

You'll send for us, eh? OK -- I'll start packing tonight :) Miss you guys!

JEB said...

Leah, just the other day I was thinking, "I bet Leah is going to want to move there." And then I read your post today! :}